Become a trainee court registrar in the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
Trainee court registrars work full time and learn about court processes on the job to progress to a career as a court registrar.
Start your career with the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
Benefits of a career as a court registrar
- salary commencing at $52,493 (as at Jul 2019)
- full time, ongoing employment
- workplace support and professional development to complete a traineeship and become a qualified court registrar
- an interesting, varied career where you will gain exposure to all jurisdictions within the Magistrates’ Court including criminal, civil, family violence and victims of crime matters.
- travel to other courts in the region
Become a court registrar at the Magistrates’ Court of victoria
Do you have:
- an interest in a career in legal administration, and knowledge of the role of a bench clerk?
- a relevant qualification (VCE or equivalent)?
- customer service and/or administration experience?
- resilience and confident social skills to be able to speak publicly, communicate with respect and build rapport with court users?
- attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure?
- the ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and accountability at all times?
- a driver’s licence?
Step 1: Observe a bench clerk at a Magistrates’ Court and speak to staff to gain an understanding of the role
Step 2: Visit the Trainee Court Registrar page on the MCV website to find out which locations you can apply for:
You can also find the candidate application form here.
Step 3: Lodge your cover letter, resume and candidate application form by emailing [email protected]
Questions? Email the Learning & Development Unit at [email protected]